Hello Uotians, this article will help you understand the TISSNET 2021 exam, Exam Pattern, Marking Scheme, Syllabus and Books etc. You can also download TISSNET previous year question papers with solutions given at the end for free.
What is TISSNET 2021?
- Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS) conducts a National-level Entrance Test commonly known as TISSNET for all Masters programmes offered in TISS campuses.
- TISS does not offer an MBA programme, instead, it offers MA in Human Resources Management and Labour Relations (HRM & LR) which is equivalent to an MBA in HR from any top B-school.
- It also offers various other Masters degrees.
- TISSNET is an online (computer-based) exam.
- Registration fee is Rs. 1000/- per programme for general category and Rs. 250/- per programme for the reserved category.
TISS-NET 2019 was scheduled on 13th January 2019 from 2 p.m. to 3.40 p.m.
TISSNET 2021 Timeline
|Online registration||Oct to Nov 2020|
|Hall Ticket||Dec 2020|
|Exam date||Jan 2021|
|Result date||Feb 2021|
TISSNET 2021 Syllabus PDF
||Mathematics and Logical Ability
TISSNET 2021 Eligibility Criteria
- Candidate should have completed a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree of minimum 3 or 4 years or equivalent from a recognized university.
- Candidates appearing for the final year examinations can also apply provided they have successfully cleared all previous years semester exams.
- Final year candidates who fail to submit the final mark sheet or degree certificate before the institute’s deadline will not be eligible for admission process and their provisional admission will be cancelled.
TISSNET 2021 Exam Pattern
- English proficiency
- Mathematics and Logical Reasoning
- General Awareness
Duration of TISSNET Exam
The duration of the exam is 100 minutes and with a total of 100 questions. There is no sectional time limit.
English proficiency – 30 questions
Mathematics and Logical Reasoning – 30 questions
General Awareness – 40 questions
*After TISSNET exam, the students who have applied for HRM/LR or MA ODCL course will have to give TISSMAT exam
TISSMAT Exam Pattern
There is a total of 45 questions in TISSMAT for 45 marks.
Comprehension – 15 questions
Management Data Interpretation – 15 marks
Business Awareness – 15 marks
Duration of TISSMAT – 30 minutes
TISSNET Marking Scheme
- + 1 mark for each correct answer.
- There is no negative marking in TISS-NET for incorrect answers.
- Sectional cut off(14 marks) for General Awareness section
TISSMAT Marking Scheme
- +1 mark for the right answer
- -0.25 mark for the wrong answer
Final Selection for TISS
Stage 1 shortlist will go through stage 2
- TISSMAT – 30%
- PITPI – 40%
- PI 30%
TISSNET 2021 Books
- Word Power Made Easy by Norman Lewis
- Objective General English by S.P. Bakshi
- High School English Grammar by Wren and Martin
Mathematics and Logical Ability
- Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examinations by R.S. Aggarwal
- Data Interpretation and Data Sufficiency by Arihant Publications
- Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning by Arun Sharma
This section makes a major difference carrying the highest weightage and thus good preparation will help to enhance the score.
- Indian Polity by M. Lakshmikanth
- Science, History and Geography – NCERT from 8th to 12th standard
- For current affairs and social issues reading newspapers and magazines is essential
Management equivalent courses provided at TISS
- MA in Human Resource Management and Labour Relations
- MA in Globalization and Labour
- MA in Social Entrepreneurship
TISSNET 2021 Cut-off
|Course||Candidate’s Category||Cut-off 2018|
|MA in Human Resource Management and Labour Studies||General||82|
Scoring high percentile in TISS 2021 is not enough. You must be prepared for Group Discussion and Personal interview. So why don’t you take a small step and start today itself?