Hello Uotians, this article will help you understand the TISS-NET 2020 exam, Exam Pattern, Marking Scheme, Syllabus and Books etc. You can also download TISS-NET previous year question papers with solutions given at the end for free.
What is TISS-NET?
- Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS) conducts a National-level Entrance Test commonly known as TISS-NET for all Masters programmes offered in TISS campuses.
- TISS does not offer an MBA programme, instead, it offers MA in Human Resources Management and Labour Relations (HRM & LR) which is equivalent to an MBA in HR from any top B-school.
- It also offers various other Masters degrees.
- TISS-NET is an online (computer based) exam.
- Registration fees is Rs. 1000/- per programme for general category and Rs. 250/- per programme for reserved category.
TISS-NET 2019 was scheduled on 13th January 2019 from 2 p.m. to 3.40 p.m.
|Online registration||October to December 2019|
|Hall Ticket||December 2019|
|Exam date||January 2020|
|Result date||February 2020|
TISS-NET Eligibility Criteria
- Candidate should have completed a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree of minimum 3 or 4 years or its equivalent from a recognized university.
- Candidates appearing for the final year examinations can also apply provided they have successfully cleared all previous years semester exams.
- Final year candidates who fail to submit the final marksheet or degree certificate before the institute’s deadline will not be eligible for admission process and their provisional admission will be cancelled.
TISS-NET Exam Pattern
- English proficiency
- Mathematics and Logical Reasoning
- General Awareness
Duration of Exam
The duration of the exam is 100 minutes and with a total of 100 questions. There is no sectional time limit.
English proficiency – 30 questions
Mathematics and Logical Reasoning – 30 questions
General Awareness – 40 questions
TISS-NET Marking Scheme
- + 1 mark for each correct answer.
- There is no negative marking in TISS-NET for incorrect answers.
TISS-NET 2020 Syllabus
- Reading Comprehension
- Verbal reasoning
- Synonyms and Antonyms
- Odd one out
- Idioms and phrases
- Parts of speech
- Sentence correction
Mathematics and Logical Ability
- Basic arithmetic
- Basic geometry
- Basic trigonometry
- Number series
- Profit and loss
- Simple and Compound Interest
- Time and work
- Speed time and distances
- Data Interpretation
- Logical Reasoning
- Indian History
- Social Sciences
- Art and Culture
- Books and authors
- Awards and honors
- Science and Technology
TISS-Net 2020 Books
- Word Power Made Easy by Norman Lewis
- Objective General English by S.P. Bakshi
- High School English Grammar by Wren and Martin
Mathematics and Logical Ability
- Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examinations by R.S. Aggarwal
- Data Interpretation and Data Sufficiency by Arihant Publications
- Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning by Arun Sharma
This section makes a major difference carrying the highest weightage and thus good preparation will help to enhance the score.
- Indian Polity by M. Lakshmikanth
- Science, History and Geography – NCERT from 8th to 12th standard
- For current affairs and social issues reading newspapers and magazines is essential
Management equivalent courses provided at TISS
- MA in Human Resource Management and Labour Relations
- MA in Globalization and Labour
- MA in Social Entrepreneurship
TISS-NET previous year cutoff
|Course||Candidate’s Category||Cut-off 2018|
|MA in Human Resource Management and Labour Studies||General||82|
Scoring high percentile in TISS 2020 is not enough. You must be prepared for Group Discussion and Personal interview. So why don’t you take a small step and start today itself?
Does your Personality support your Dream of Pursuing MBA/PGDM?