NMAT 2019 – How to Crack, Syllabus, Registration etc.
NMIMS MANAGEMENT APTITUDE TEST
What is NMAT?
- NMAT 2019 is abbreviated as NMIMS (Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies) Management Aptitude Test.
- It is a computer-based exam, organized every year by the NMIMS and owned by the GMAC (Graduate Management Admission Council) for taking admissions for MBA courses at NMIMS and other B-Schools.
- It is conducted once in a year for a period of 75 days (2.5 months). The exam can be given 3 times during these 75 days span.
- The NMAT registration and application fee is Rs.2000/-.
- For late application, the fee is Rs.2500/-.
- The hall tickets can be downloaded within 24 hours of completing the application process.
NMAT 2019 Timeline
|Online Registration||3rd July 2019 – 3rd October 2019|
|Late registration||4th October 2019 – 14th October 2019|
|Hall Ticket||24 hours from application submission – exam date|
|Exam date||4th October 2019 – 17th December 2019|
|Result date||2nd week of January 2020|
NMAT 2019 Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria for NMAT 2019 will be displayed on the official website www.nmat.org.in. So, the aspiring candidates should check whether they fulfil the eligibility criteria for the exam or not. The basic eligibility criteria for NMAT 2019 provided by GMAC are mentioned below:
- Age limit: there is no age bar for attempting NMAT 2019.
- Educational qualification: candidates must have done graduation in any stream from a recognized university.
- Minimum marks: the bachelor’s degree holders must have scored at least 50% overall. In the case of grades/CGPA, the conversion into percentage must be done as per the respective University/Institution. If there is no method provided for calculation of CGPA into percentage then it can be calculated by dividing the candidate’s CGPA by maximum CGPA and multiplying the result by 100.
- Work experience: candidates having 2-3 years of work experience will have an edge over others.
- Provisional admissions: the candidates who already gave their exam of last year of graduation and have their results awaiting can also apply for NMAT 2019 by GMAC. The candidates will need to submit their graduation degree /Certificate according to the requirements if the MBA college by the last date as specified by the respective institute.
- Number of attempts: at most 3 attempts are allowed to the candidates in order to perform their best and the best score out of 3 attempts will be considered for the admission process.
NMAT 2019 Exam Pattern and Time
|Sections||Total Questions||Total time||Total marks|
|Quantitative skills||48 Ques.||60 min||144|
|Logical reasoning||40 Ques.||38 min||120|
|Language skills||32 Ques.||22 min||96|
|Total||120 Ques.||120 min||360 marks|
NMAT 2019 Marking Scheme
- MCQ format
- 5 options for each question
- +3 marks for every right answer
- No negative marking for wrong answers
- Sectional timing for each section
- Profit & loss
- Time & work
- Time – speed – distance
- Simple & compound interest
- Mixture & solution (Allegations)
- Permutation and combination
- Line graph
- Bar graph
- Pie chart
- 2D & 3D geometry and statistics
- Number systems
- Modern math
- Numeric grid
- Coding & Decoding
- Critical reasoning
- Statement conclusions
- Course of action
- Strong and weak arguments
- Multi-dimensional arrangements
- Family tree
- Blood relations
- Syntax errors and grammar correction
- Para jumbles
- Fill in the blanks
- Reading comprehension
- Synonyms & Antonyms
- Quantitative Aptitude for CAT, by Arun Sharma
- Quantitative Aptitude, by R.S. Aggrawal
- Logical Reasoning and Data Interpretation for CAT, by Nishit K. Sinha
- How to prepare for Logical Reasoning for CAT, by Arun Sharma
- Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension for CAT, by Arun Sharma and Meenakshi Upadhyay
- Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension, by Ajay Singh
Top B-Schools accepting NMAT Score
More than 20 top MBA colleges will be accepting NMAT 2019 score for admission to their MBA 2020-22 batch. The MBA colleges that accept NMAT scores are the University affiliated MBA colleges, autonomous colleges or the private PGDM colleges. Some of the top MBA colleges accepting NMAT by GMAC are listed below:
- NMIMS Mumbai
- Xavier Institute of Management, XIMB
- IBS Hyderabad: ICFAI Business School
- VIT Business School (VIT) Vellore
- Alliance Bangalore: Alliance School of Business Alliance University
- SRM University Chennai: SRM School of Management
- Shiv Nadar MBA School of Management and Entrepreneurship Greater Noida
- WOXEN Hyderabad: WOXEN School of Business
- Amity University Noida (Delhi NCR)
- Thapar School of Management, Mohali
- UPES Dehradun
- BML Munjal University, BMU Gurgaon
- ITM Navi Mumbai: ITM Group of Institutions
- Jindal Global Business School-Sonepat, Delhi/NCR
It is expected that the number of colleges accepting NMAT scores will increase in the upcoming years.
(We will update more information very soon)
Scoring high percentile in XAT 2020 is not enough. You must be prepared for Group Discussion and Personal interview. So why don’t you take a small step and start today itself?
Does your Personality support your Dream of Pursuing MBA/PGDM?
Author – Riya Chandra