National Insurance Academy – NIA Pune
I hope everyone is doing well. Today, the discussion is all about National Insurance Academy NIA Pune. It was established in 1980 by the Ministry of Finance – Government of India, Life Insurance Corporation of India, General Insurance Corporation of India, The New India Assurance Company, National Insurance Company, United India Insurance Company and The Oriental Insurance Company.
PGDM program focused on Insurance + Management
A graduation degree or equivalent from any recognized Indian/foreign university with a minimum of 50% for General and 45% for SC/ST Category. Students appearing for the final year can also apply.
1. Max age limit is 28 years for General, OBC-NC & 30 years for SC/ST/DA category as on 1st July 2019.
2. NIA has adopted Reservation Policy in admissions as per Central Government Rules applicable to Academic Institutions like IITs and IIMs.
3. Weightage of Selection Parameters for Final Selection
- Past Academics – 20%
- Score in CAT or CMAT – 50 %
- GD-PI Performance- 30% GD (10 marks) + PI (20 marks) = 30 marks
- Relevant Work Experience (appropriate weightage will be given to those candidates with relevant work experience at the time of interview)
- Online application from NIA website
- Group Discussion & Personal Interview
- Merit List
CMAT Cut off – 85%ile
CAT Cut off- 70%ile
Fees & Intake
The fees for the course of 2 years is Rs. 11,25,000 (includes accommodation)
Intake is 75, it can extend up to 80 for 2019-21 batch
Highest Package – 12.85 lpa
Average package – 8.23 lpa
This institute is idle for students who wish to pursue their career in the Insurance sector. The brand name is enough to justify the quality of students. Placement is not an issue.