MBA VS MMS VS PGDM Colleges – Differences, Fees, Placements
Difference between MBA, MMS, PGDM
I understand that most of the MBA CET aspirants have a tough time after CET results in resolving the difference between MBA, MMS and PGDM. It is difficult to understand what degree to go for and sometimes wrong decision leads to lifelong regrets.
Let me clear this confusion in the simplest manner.
- The management degree given by Savitribai Phule Pune University is called MBA i.e Masters of Business Administration
- The management degree given by Mumbai University is called MMS i.e Masters in Management Studies
- PGDM stands for Post Graduate Diploma in Management
- PGDBM stands for Post Graduate Diploma in Business Management
- PGDBA stands for Post Graduate Diploma in Business Administration
MMS and MBA degrees are given by colleges or institutes that are affiliated to universities and such universities are controlled by U.G.C (University Grants Commissions). Both the courses have a duration of 2 years.
PGDM, PGDBM, PGDBA etc. are diploma courses provided by colleges or institutes that are not autonomous and not affiliated to any university. The course duration is of 2 years.
In India, the recruiters hardly differentiate between MBA/MMS & PGDM Colleges. If a student wishes to apply for PhD then preference should be given to University Degree.
Generally, fees for PGDM Colleges is higher as compared to MBA/MMS Colleges.
The MBA/MMS Colleges that have PGDM Courses too have centralized placement process
Click on following links to explore more data