What is MBA IT Systems?
MBA Information Technology Systems is a 2-year post-graduate program that helps in the resolution of problems related to software and information technology. The problem definition can be administrative in nature or pure tech-based.
Why MBA in IT Systems?
The following statistics reflect the potential of the IT sector(BPM – Business Process Management)
- India’s IT-BPM industry accounts for 55% of the total global outsourcing market.
- As per the Cloud Next Wave of Growth Report, India’s cloud market is expected to grow three times to Rs. 49,621 crore by the year 2022. It will be driven by the demand for Data Analytics, Big Data, Artificial Intelligence and the Internet of Things.
- IT industry contributed around 7.7% to the country’s GDP (Gross Domestic Product) and is expected to climb 10% by 2025.
- The computer hardware and software sector in India pulled foreign direct investment (FDI) inflow worth $ 45.97 billion between April 2000 and June 2020.
- As of FY 2020, 4.3 million people were employed in the IT industry. The sector added 2,05,000 jobs in 2020. About 1.02 million employees are working in TCS, Infosys, Wipro, HCL Tech as of December 31, 2019.
What is MBA IT Systems Admission Process?
The students interested in IT Systems MBA can target significant entrance exams like CAT, XAT, CMAT, SNAP, NMAT, CET, etc. Most of the MBA colleges will have 2 stage admission process that involves shortlisting students on the basis of entrance exams in the first stage.
In the second round, the shortlisted students go through Group Discussion(GD)/Written Ability Test(WAT) and Personal Interview(PI).
The MBA/MMS institutes in Maharashtra provide admission on the basis of entrance exam only i.e. MBA CET. Most of these institutes will have IT Systems as a specialization to offer.
MBA IT Systems Eligibility Criteria
A minimum of 50% aggregate in the bachelor’s degree from a recognized institute. 45% for reserved category students. A valid score in the entrance exam.
Most of the MBA colleges will have group discussion and personal interview round as second stage process after shortlisting candidates on the basis of entrance exam score.
MBA IT Systems Syllabus
- Database Management System & Data Warehousing
- Cloud Computing & Virtualization
- Enterprise Management System
- Information System Security and Audit
- Big Data and Business Analytics
- Data Mining and Business Intelligence
- Knowledge Management
- IT Consulting
- Software Engineering
- Digital Business
- Software Project management
- Governance of Enterprise IT & Compliance
- RFID and its Business Implications
- Cyber Laws & Managing Enterprise IT Risk
- Strategic Information Technology Management
- System Applications
- Managing Technology Business and IT Resource Management
- Project Management Professional
- Lean Six Sigma
Career in IT Systems
The career after MBA IT Systems can start with an executive role and one can climb up to roles like Chief Information Officer(CIO) and Chief Technology Officer(CTO).
Jobs after MBA IT Systems
- Information Security Audit
- Compliance and Due Diligence
- IT Project Advisory
- BCM and ISMS Implementation
- Information Risk Management
- Identity and Access Management
- IT Security Consulting
- IT Advisory Services
Recruiters in IT Systems Domain
Hexaware, KPIT-Cummins, Impetus Technologies, Google, HSBC, HCL Comnet, Cognizant Technology, Mindtree Consulting, Oracle Direct, GENPACT Global, Zensar Technologies, Gartner, TCS, SAP India, Accenture, Capgemini, Ernst & Young Pvt Ltd, IBM Global Services, ITC InfoTech, Citrix, Eclerx, VMWare, Zensar Technologies, Wipro, Tech Mahindra, etc.
|Free Resources||Paid Resources|
|CAT/CMAT Notes||Mock Test Series|
|MBA CET Notes|
|Personal Interview||CAT/XAT Prep Books|
|Certifications||CET/CMAT Prep Books|
|MBA Profile Building|
|MBA Entrance Exams||MBA Specializations||Nearby MBA Colleges|
|CAT||Marketing||IIMs in India|
|MBA CET||Human Resource||CET-based|
|SRCC GBO||Pharma Management||Kolkata|