MBA in Retail Management
Before exploring this progressive domain, let’s understand the meaning of basic terms.
Retail is the activity of selling goods to consumers through different distribution channels like small shops, hypermarts, supermarts, etc.
What is Retail Management?
A process of promoting greater sales and customer satisfaction by gaining a better understanding of the consumers of goods and services produced by a company. (source)
The above image is sufficient to explain the potential of the Retail sector and hence explains the importance of pursuing an MBA in Retail Management.
Top 10 Retail Companies in India
- Aditya Birla Fashion & Retail Ltd (Pantaloons)
- Avenue Supermarts Ltd (D-Mart)
- Future Enterprises Ltd.
- Future Lifestyle Fashions Ltd.
- Future Retail Ltd.
- Reliance Retail Ltd.
- Shoppers Stop Ltd.
- Trent Ltd (Westside)
- V2 Retail Ltd (V2kart)
- V Mart Retail Ltd (source)
Top 10 Retail Companies in World
- Schwarz Group
- Walgreens Boots Alliance
- Home Depot
Retail Management Syllabus – Curriculum
Jobs after MBA in Retail Management
- Trainee Category Manager
- Display Specialist
- Loyalty Program Manager
- Assistant Category Manager
- Assistant Store Manager
- Key Account Manager
- Assistant Merchandise Planner
- Assistant Visual Merchandiser
- Retail Communication Manager
- Retails Operations Manager
- Customer Insights Executives
- Assistant Merchandiser
Top Colleges for MBA in Retail Management
As an MBA aspirant, you can always enter Retail Management by taking Marketing specialization then find opportunities in the Retail sector. Hence, all the top MBA colleges(IIMs and other premier B-schools) become the first choice to pursue a career in Retail Management.
The second way is to take admission in MBA/PGDM colleges providing a dedicated program in Retail Management.
Here is the list of few colleges in India that provide an independent program in Retail Management.
- K.J. Somaiya Institute of Management Studies and Research, Mumbai
- Prin. L.N. Welingkar Institute of Management Development and Research, Mumbai
- Birla Institute of Management Technology, Greater Noida
- Jaipuria Institute of Management, Lucknow
- IMS Ghaziabad
|Free Resources||Paid Resources|
|CAT/CMAT Notes||Mock Test Series|
|MBA CET Notes|
|Personal Interview||CAT/XAT Prep Books|
|Certifications||CET/CMAT Prep Books|
|MBA Profile Building|
|MBA Entrance Exams||MBA Specializations||Nearby MBA Colleges|
|CAT||Marketing||IIMs in India|
|MBA CET||Human Resource||CET-based|
|SRCC GBO||Pharma Management||Kolkata|