This article will help you to explore Top 100 MBA colleges in India along with details on their fees structure, entrance exam accepted, intake, placement statistics etc.
City-wise MBA Colleges
|Exams Accepted||Last Date to Apply|
|LBSIM Delhi||15||9.9||CAT, GMAT||22nd Dec 2020|
|GIM Goa||16+||11+||CAT, XAT, CMAT, GMAT||12th Jan 2021|
|TAPMI Manipal||17+||11+||CAT, XAT, GMAT||Jan 2021|
|GLIM Chennai||17+||10+||CAT, XAT, CMAT, GMAT||22nd Nov 2020(Cycle 1)|
|KJ Somaiya Mumbai||16+||10+||CAT, XAT, CMAT, GMAT||7th Feb 2021|
|IMI Delhi||18+||13+||CAT, GMAT||7th Dec 2020|
|NIA Pune||12+||7.7+||CAT. CMAT||15th Mar 2021|
|NIBM Pune||12+||9+||CAT, XAT, CMAT||TBA|
*TBA – To be announced
The MBA Colleges or B-schools in India can be broadly divided into the following categories:
- IIMs – Indian Institute of Management
There are 20 IIMs in India which can be further differentiated as Old IIMs, New IIMs and Baby IIMs.
The Non-IIMs has further differentiation into a different league of colleges as follows:
- MBA/PGDM colleges under brands like Xavier, IMT, MDI, IIFT, NMIMS, ISB, Great Lakes, etc.
- MBA Colleges under universities like Pune University, Mumbai University etc.
- IITs and NITs institutes that provide MBA program
Let’s begin with the list of Top 100 B-Schools Colleges in India
Associated exam: CAT – Common Admission Test
Indian Institute of Management – The dream B-school of all the MBA aspirants. The first IIM was established in Calcutta, is one of the oldest B-schools in India. IIM Ahmedabad & IIM Bangalore joined the league after IIM C.
Today there are 20 IIMs distributed across India that provide world-class management education. They are further divided into 3 categories – Old IIMs, New IIMs & Baby IIMs.
The following list is referred to as Old IIMs
The following list is referred to as New IIMs
The Baby IIMs are the youngest and taken care by mentors – Old IIMs.
Associated exam: XAT – Xavier Aptitude Test
XLRI Jamshedpur was established in the year 1949, considered as the oldest B-school in India
Associated exam: IIFT
Indian Institute of Foreign Trade was established in 1963 by the Government of India. It provides a 2 year MBA program in International Business.
The 2 major campuses are:
- IIFT Delhi
- IIFT Kolkata
Associated Exam – Symbiosis National Aptitude Test
The Symbiosis University is well recognized in India and hosts the SNAP exam, a gateway to 16 MBA colleges.
- Symbiosis Institute of Business Management, Pune (SIBM, Pune)
- Symbiosis Institute of Computer Studies & Research, Pune (SICSR, Pune)
- Symbiosis Centre for Management and Human Resource Development, Pune (SCMHRD, Pune)
- Symbiosis Institute of International Business, Pune (SIIB, Pune)
- Symbiosis Institute of Telecom Management, Pune (SITM, Pune)
- Symbiosis Institute of Management Studies, Pune (SIMS, Pune)
- Symbiosis Institute of Media & Communication, Pune (SIMC, Pune)
- Symbiosis Institute of Operations Management, Nashik (SIOM, Nashik)
- Symbiosis Centre for Information Technology, Pune (SCIT, Pune)
- Symbiosis Institute of Health Sciences, Pune (SIHS, Pune)
- Symbiosis Institute of Business Management, Bengaluru (SIBM, Bengaluru)
- Symbiosis School of Media & Communication, Bengaluru (SSMC, Bengaluru)
- Symbiosis School of Banking and Finance, Pune (SSBF, Pune)
- Symbiosis Institute of Business Management, Hyderabad (SIBM, Hyderabad)
- Symbiosis School of Sports Sciences, Pune (SSSS, Pune)
- Symbiosis Institute of Business Management, Nagpur (SIBM, Nagpur)
IIT MBA League
The Indian Institute of Management, known for engineering courses also provides with MBA courses.
- DOMS, IIT Delhi
- SJMSOM, IIT Mumbai
- DOMS, IIT Roorke
- VGSOM, IIT Kharagpur
- DOMS, IISc Bangalore
- DOMS, IIT Madras
- DIME, IIT Kanpur
- DMS, IIT Dhanbad
Associated Exam: NMAT – NMIMS Management Aptitude Test (Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies)
- NMIMS Mumbai
- NMIMS Hyderabad
- NMIMS Bangalore
Management Development Institute
- MDI Gurgaon
- MDI Murshidabad
Institute of Management Technology
- IMT Ghaziabad
- IMT Nagpur
- IMT Hyderabad
- IMT Dubai
Indian School of Business
The Indian School of Business was established in 2001.
- ISB Hyderabad
- ISB Mohali
Great Lakes Institute of Management
The Great Lakes Institute of Management was established in the year 2004.
- Great Lakes Chennai
- Great Lakes Gurgaon
- Welingkar Mumbai
- Welingkar Bangalore
There are many league institutes in India, we have included some in the above data.
List of Non-IIMs in India
- FMS Delhi
- DBE DU Delhi
- DSE DU Delhi
- DFS DU Delhi
- IMS BHU Varanasi
- FORE Delhi
- SRCC GBO Delhi
- UBS Chandigarh
- LBSIM Delhi
- BIMTECH Noida
- IMS Ghaziabad
- BIT Ranchi
- KIIT Bhubaneshwar
- IISWB Kolkata
- GIM Goa
- SP Jain Mumbai
- TISS Mumbai
- JBIMS Mumbai
- NITIE Mumbai
- MICA Ahmedabad
- IRMA Anand
- IIFM Bhopal
- NIRMA Ahmedabad
- Sydenham Mumbai
- KJ Somaiya Mumbai
- SIES Mumbai
- NL Dalmia Mumbai
- IES Mumbai
- MET Mumbai
- Chetana Mumbai
- PUMBA Pune
- NIBM Pune
- NIA Pune
- Balaji PGDM league Pune
- Indira league Pune
- IFMR Chennai
- LIBA Chennai
- Christ University
- IBS Hyderabad and IBS league
- DY Patil league Pune
- IIEBM Pune
- IMT league
List of IIMs in India
There is a total of 20 IIMs that are further divided into Old IIMs, New IIMs and Old IIMs. The top 3 IIMs includes IIM Ahmedabad, IIM Bangalore and IIM Calcutta.
MBA Colleges in South India
IIM Bangalore, ISB Hyderabad, IIM Kozhikode, IIM Trichy, IIT Madras, IIM Visakhapatnam, Great Lakes etc. are some of the top MBA colleges from South India
MBA Colleges in Mumbai
There are many MBA/MMS/PGDM colleges in Mumbai like SP Jain, NITIE, JBIMS, TISS, SJSOM etc.
MBA Colleges in Delhi
FMS, IIFT, SRCC GBO, IMI, LBSIM, DOMS IIT Delhi etc. are some of the top MBA colleges in Delhi.
MBA Colleges in Pune
The list of MBA/PGDM colleges in Pune like SIBM Pune, SCMHRD, PUMBA, NIBM, NIA, SIIB etc.
MBA Colleges through SNAP Exam
SIBM Pune, SCMHRD Pune, SIIB Pune, SIOM Nashik etc are some of the MBA colleges through SNAP exam.
MBA Colleges through CMAT Exam
The list of MBA Colleges through CMAT exam includes Goa Institute of Management, KJ Somaiya, Great Lakes, etc.
MBA Colleges through MAH-CET Exam
The MAH-MBA CET exam is gateway to top MBA colleges like JBIMS, Sydenham, KJ Somaiya, Welingkar, PUMBA, etc.
In this segment, we compare different MBA colleges in India on various parameters and suggest the best to choose.
|Free Resources||Paid Resources|
|CAT/CMAT Notes||Mock Test Series|
|MBA CET Notes|
|Personal Interview||CAT/XAT Prep Books|
|Certifications||CET/CMAT Prep Books|
|MBA Profile Building|
|MBA Entrance Exams||MBA Specializations||Nearby MBA Colleges|
|CAT||Marketing||IIMs in India|
|MBA CET||Human Resource||CET-based|
|SRCC GBO||Pharma Management||Kolkata|