Ultimate Group Discussion Tips. Latest GD Topics with Solutions | UOT
Hey, What’s Up? How are you doing?
Today we are going to hack GD preparation completely. Group Discussion or GD is a very important aspect on which a student is evaluated. Most of the PGDM Colleges have a mandatory GD Round in the selection process.
Are you going to apply for PGDM Course? Is GD restricted to PGDM Admissions only? The answer is no. GD is a very crucial process that is even employed during the placements process.
What is Group Discussion?
Group discussion is an interactive activity where different ideas and thoughts are shared. It is not a debate where one is trying to prove his/her point. GD is basically talking over a talking, covering different aspects.
Parameters for Judgement
- Subject Knowledge
- Oral Communication Skills
- Leadership Skills
- Team Management
Phases in a GD
- The central group discussion
What to do in a GD?
- Speaking is important; do not sit silently. Speak freely
- Do not monopolize the conversation or talk too much
- Give everyone a chance to speak
- Maintain eye contact with everyone in the group
- Show active listening skills
- Do not interrupt anyone while they are speaking
- Keep the topic on track and don’t be irrelevant
- Encourage someone who is silent to talk
- Do not argue with anyone
- Do not debate with anyone, while the group looks on
- Do not repeat what has been said; be attentive; try to develop on ideas expressed or give out new ideas. Clarify your doubts and then proceed
- Be brief
- Do not commit grammatical errors while talking
Click here to download free material for Group Discussion Topics.
YouTube Channels to follow for GD prep
There are tons of websites and offline sources that provide information. Let me suggest some useful YouTube channels that will practically help you out in less time.