CAT 2020 Eligibility Criteria
This article will help you understand CAT 2020 Eligibility Criteria and related information. Don’t think much about your past academics because it cannot be changed. For now, the only thing you can change rather improve is CAT 2020 score.
- The candidate must hold a Bachelor’s Degree, with at least 50% marks (for Open and OBC category) or equivalent CGPA. 45% marks for SC, ST and Persons With Disability (PwD).
- The degree should be from any University or Educational Institution as incorporated by an Act of the Parliament or State legislature in India or declared to be deemed as a University under Section 3 of the UGC Act, 1956, or possess an equivalent qualification recognized by the Ministry of HRD, Government of India.
You will find similar criteria for most of the MBA Entrance Exams
Additional Information on CAT 2020 Eligibility Criteria
- The candidates in the final year of graduation can also apply. If you get admission in any IIM and don’t pass your graduation then admission stands to cancel
- The candidates waiting for graduation results can also apply
- In case of the system like grades/CGPA, the conversion of marks to a percentage should be done as per procedure certified by the respective University/Institution.
- One must remember that IIMs may verify the details of a candidate
- It is recommended that a candidate must keep a valid and unique email id and phone number throughout the selection process.
- 15% of the seats are reserved for Scheduled Caste (SC), 7.5% for Scheduled Tribe (ST) candidates.
- 27% of seats are reserved for Other Backward Classes candidates belonging to the “Non-Creamy” layer (NC-OBC).